What we do - Agriculture Economic Development across the North
Agriculture Development Advisors (ADAs) work with clients to promote and support the development and expansion of their agricultural, aquaculture and agri-food businesses. They provide clients with consultation services on business management, agricultural production, food processing/distribution, regulations and agriculture economic development. Given their knowledge and expertise of the agriculture sector, they also provide technical advice and access to resources available through the ministry such as agriculture and business specialists and are able to source, develop and deliver focussed products, tools and resources to meet their client's needs.
Their work involves developing with the agriculture and agri-food community, projects that support expansion of the agriculture sector in the North. ADAs can work with you to identify funding programs that may be available to support your goals and assist in preparing applications, refer you to other funders and collaborate on common clients.
ADAs work with:
- Agriculture and agri-food producers, processors, and entrepreneurs
- Municipalities on agriculture, aquaculture and agri-food opportunities, tile drainage, wildlife compensation, emergency management, minimum distance separation
- First Nations, Metis, Indigenous groups on agriculture, aquaculture and agri-food opportunities
- Local and provincial agriculture related organizations, associations and commodity groups and research organizations
- OMAFRA branches and division in support of the delivery of ministry programs and services, other ministries and FedNor.
For assistance with your agricultural project please contact the Agriculture Development Advisor in your area or the OMAFRA Northern Ontario Regional office at 705 594-2312.
Our Programs and Services